|20mg x 30||$1.76||$52.49||Add to Cart|
|20mg x 60||$1.39||$82.94||Add to Cart|
|20mg x 90||$1.22||$109.19||Add to Cart|
|20mg x 120||$1.12||$134.39||Add to Cart|
|20mg x 180||$1.02||$183.74||Add to Cart|
|20mg x 360
Free Airmail shipping
|$0.99||$354.89||Add to Cart|
|40mg x 30||$2.63||$78.74||Add to Cart|
|40mg x 60||$2.17||$130.19||Add to Cart|
|40mg x 90||$2.08||$186.89||Add to Cart|
|40mg x 120
Free Airmail shipping
|$1.88||$225.74||Add to Cart|
|40mg x 180
Free Airmail shipping
|$1.85||$332.84||Add to Cart|
|40mg x 360
Free Airmail shipping
|$1.77||$638.39||Add to Cart|
Telmisartan is used alone or in combination with other medications to treat high blood pressure. Telmisartan is also used to decrease the chance of heart attack, stroke, or death in people 55 years of age or older who are at high risk for cardiovascular disease. Telmisartan is in a class of medications called angiotensin II receptor antagonists. It works by blocking the action of certain natural substances that tighten the blood vessels, allowing the blood to flow more smoothly and the heart to pump more efficiently.
Telmisartan comes as a tablet to take by mouth. It is usually taken once a day with or without food. To help you remember to take telmisartan, take it around the same time every day. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully, and ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part you do not understand. Take telmisartan exactly as directed. Do not take more or less of it or take it more often than prescribed by your doctor.
Telmisartan tablets come in individual blister packs that can be opened by peeling back the paper layer from the foil and pushing the tablet through the foil. Do not open a blister pack until you are ready to swallow the tablet it contains.
Your doctor may start you on a low dose of telmisartan and gradually increase your dose.
Telmisartan controls high blood pressure but does not cure it. Your blood pressure may decrease during the first 2 weeks of your treatment, but it may take 4 weeks for you to notice the full benefit of telmisartan. Continue to take telmisartan even if you feel well. Do not stop taking telmisartan without talking to your doctor.
Ask your pharmacist or doctor for a copy of the manufacturer's information for the patient.
Telmisartan is also used sometimes to treat congestive heart failure (condition in which the heart is unable to pump enough blood to the rest of the body) and diabetic nephropathy (kidney disease in people with diabetes and high blood pressure). Talk to your doctor about the possible risks of using this medication for your condition.
This medication may be prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Before taking telmisartan,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to telmisartan, any other medications, or any of the ingredients in telmisartan tablets. Ask your pharmacist for a list of the ingredients.
- tell your doctor if you have diabetes (high blood sugar) and you are taking aliskiren (Tekturna, in Amturnide, Tekamlo, Tekturna HCT). Your doctor will probably tell you not to take telmisartan if you have diabetes and you are also taking aliskiren.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what other prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Be sure to mention any of the following: angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors such as benazepril (Lotensin, in Lotrel), captopril (Captoten, in Capozide), enalapril (Vasotec, Lexxel, in Vaseretic), fosinopril (Monopril), lisinopril (Prinivil, Zestril, in Prinzide), moexipril (Univasc, in Uniretic), perindopril (Aceon), quinapril (Accupril, in Accuretic, Wuinaretic), ramipril (Altace), and trandolapril (Mavik, in Tarka);aspirin and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) and naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn), and selective COX-2 inhibitor such as celecoxib (Celebrex); digoxin (Lanoxin, Lanoxicaps, Phenytek); diuretics ('water pills') including spironolactone (Aldactone, in Aldactazide); lithium (Eskalith CR, Eskalith, Lithobid); and potassium supplements. Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had heart failure; blockage of the bile duct (condition when bile can not flow from the liver to the gallbladder and small intestine, which can occur with gallstones, tumors, or injury); or kidney or liver disease.
- tell your doctor if youare breast-feeding.
- you should know that telmisartan may cause drowsiness, dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting. Do not drive a car or operate machinery until you know how this medication affects you.
- you should know that diarrhea, vomiting, not drinking enough fluids, and sweating a lot can cause a drop in blood pressure, which may cause lightheadedness and fainting. Tell your doctor if you have any of these problems or develop them during your treatment.
Food limitations and special diet when taking Telmisartan
Do not use salt substitutes containing potassium without talking to your doctor. If your doctor prescribes a low-salt or low-sodium diet, follow these directions carefully.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
Possible side effects
Telmisartan may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:
- back pain
- sinus pain and congestion
Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of these symptoms, or those listed in the SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS section, call your doctor immediately:
- swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, eyes, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs
- difficulty breathing or swallowing
- pain and cramping in the lower leg that comes and goes during walking or exercise
- blistering of the skin or rash
Telmisartan may cause other side effects. Call your doctor if you have any unusual problems while taking this medication.
Storage and disposal of Telmisartan
Keep this medication in the blister pack it came in, tightly closed, and out of reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom). Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed. Talk to your pharmacist about the proper disposal of your medication.
In case of overdose, call your local poison control center. If the victim has collapsed or is not breathing, call local emergency services.
Symptoms of overdose may include:
- fast or slow heartbeat
Other important information
Keep all appointments with your doctor and the laboratory. Your blood pressure should be checked regularly to determine your response to telmisartan.
Do not let anyone else take your medication. Ask your pharmacist any questions you have about refilling your prescription.
It is important for you to keep a written list of all of the prescription and nonprescription (over-the-counter) medicines you are taking, as well as any products such as vitamins, minerals, or other dietary supplements. You should bring this list with you each time you visit a doctor or if you are admitted to a hospital. It is also important information to carry with you in case of emergencies.
We provide only general information about Micardis which does not cover all possible drug integrations, directions or precautions. Information at our website cannot be used for self-treatment and self-diagnosis. Any specific instructions for a particular patient should be agreed with his health care adviser or doctor in charge of the case. We disclaim reliability of this information and mistakes it could contain. We are not responsible for any direct, indirect, special or other indirect damage as a result of any use of the information on this site and also for consequences of self-treatment.
Important Information about Purchasing MicardisIn some countries valid doctor's prescription is required to purchase Micardis. Our online pharmacy escrow service allows You to buy Micardis without a prescription as its not required in the country where this medicine is purchased and shipped from (India). We expect that You are familiar with the Micardis medication You want to buy online. You must know needed dosage that works for You, how to take this drug and all possible side effects.
We guarantee quality of Micardis - telmisartan medication that is sold through our site. Its medical effect will be the same as of brand name Micardis®.