|10mg x 60||$0.90||$54.59||Add to Cart|
|10mg x 90||$0.78||$70.34||Add to Cart|
|20mg x 30||$1.84||$55.64||Add to Cart|
|20mg x 60||$1.48||$89.24||Add to Cart|
|20mg x 90||$1.32||$118.64||Add to Cart|
|20mg x 120||$1.22||$145.94||Add to Cart|
|20mg x 180||$1.10||$198.44||Add to Cart|
|20mg x 360
Free Airmail shipping
|$1.02||$366.44||Add to Cart|
Olmesartan is used alone or in combination with other medications to treat high blood pressure in adults and children 6 years of age and older. Olmesartan is in a class of medications called angiotensin II receptor antagonists. It works by blocking the action of certain natural substances that tighten the blood vessels, allowing the blood to flow more smoothly and the heart to pump more efficiently.
Olmesartan comes as a tablet to take by mouth. It is usually taken once a day with or without food. To help you remember to take olmesartan, take it at around the same time every day. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully, and ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part you do not understand. Take olmesartan exactly as directed. Do not take more or less of it or take it more often than prescribed by your doctor.
If your child can not swallow a tablet, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. The pharmacist can prepare a liquid form of this medication for your child.
Your doctor will probably start you on a low dose of olmesartan and may increase your dose after 2 weeks.
Olmesartan controls high blood pressure but does not cure it. Your blood pressure may decrease during the first week of your treatment, but it may take up to 2 weeks before you notice the full benefit of olmesartan. Continue to take olmesartan even if you feel well. Do not stop taking olmesartan without talking to your doctor.
Olmesartan is also sometimes used to treat congestive heart failure (condition in which the heart is unable to pump enough blood to the rest of the body) and diabetic nephropathy (kidney disease in people with diabetes and high blood pressure). Talk to your doctor about the possible risks of using this medication for your condition.
This medication may be prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Before taking olmesartan,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to olmesartan,any other medications, or any of the ingredients in olmesartan tablets. Ask your pharmacist for a list of the ingredients.
- tell your doctor if you have diabetes (high blood sugar) and you are taking aliskiren (Tekturna, in Amturnide, Tekamlo, Tekturna HCT). Your doctor will probably tell you not to take olmesartan if you have diabetes and you are also taking aliskiren.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what other prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Be sure to mention diuretics ('water pills') and potassium supplements. Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medication or monitor you carefully for side effects.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had heart failure, or kidney or liver disease.
- tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding.
- you should know that olmesartan may cause dizziness, lightheadedness, and fainting when you get up too quickly from a lying position. This is more common when you first start taking olmesartan. To help avoid this problem, get out of bed slowly, resting your feet on the floor for a few minutes before standing up.
- you should know that diarrhea, vomiting, not drinking enough fluids, and sweating a lot can cause a drop in blood pressure, which may cause lightheadedness and fainting. Tell your doctor if you have any of these problems or develop them during your treatment.
Food limitations and special diet when taking Olmesartan
Do not use salt substitutes containing potassium without talking to your doctor. If your doctor prescribes a low-salt or low-sodium diet, follow these directions carefully.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
Possible side effects
Olmesartan may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if this symptom is severe or does not go away:
Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of these symptoms or those listed in the SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS section, call your doctor immediately:
- swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, eyes, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs
- difficulty breathing or swallowing
Olmesartan may cause other side effects. Call your doctor if you have any unusual problems while taking this medication.
Storage and disposal of Olmesartan
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom). Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed. Talk to your pharmacist about the proper disposal of your medication.
In case of overdose, call your local poison control center. If the victim has collapsed or is not breathing, call local emergency services.
Symptoms of overdose may include
- fast or slow heartbeat
Other important information
Keep all appointments with your doctor and the laboratory. Your blood pressure should be checked regularly to determine your response to olmesartan.
Do not let anyone else take your medication. Ask your pharmacist any questions you have about refilling your prescription.
It is important for you to keep a written list of all of the prescription and nonprescription (over-the-counter) medicines you are taking, as well as any products such as vitamins, minerals, or other dietary supplements. You should bring this list with you each time you visit a doctor or if you are admitted to a hospital. It is also important information to carry with you in case of emergencies.
We provide only general information about Benicar which does not cover all possible drug integrations, directions or precautions. Information at our website cannot be used for self-treatment and self-diagnosis. Any specific instructions for a particular patient should be agreed with his health care adviser or doctor in charge of the case. We disclaim reliability of this information and mistakes it could contain. We are not responsible for any direct, indirect, special or other indirect damage as a result of any use of the information on this site and also for consequences of self-treatment.
Important Information about Purchasing BenicarIn some countries valid doctor's prescription is required to purchase Benicar. Our online pharmacy escrow service allows You to buy Benicar without a prescription as its not required in the country where this medicine is purchased and shipped from (India). We expect that You are familiar with the Benicar medication You want to buy online. You must know needed dosage that works for You, how to take this drug and all possible side effects.
We guarantee quality of Benicar - olmesartan medication that is sold through our site. Its medical effect will be the same as of brand name Benicar®.