|1,25mg x 60||$0.93||$55.64||Add to Cart|
|1,25mg x 90||$0.87||$78.74||Add to Cart|
|1,25mg x 120||$0.82||$98.69||Add to Cart|
|1,25mg x 180||$0.78||$139.64||Add to Cart|
|1,25mg x 360
Free Airmail shipping
|$0.76||$271.94||Add to Cart|
|10mg x 30||$2.39||$71.39||Add to Cart|
|10mg x 60||$2.24||$134.39||Add to Cart|
|10mg x 90||$2.13||$192.14||Add to Cart|
|10mg x 120
Free Airmail shipping
|$2.03||$243.59||Add to Cart|
|10mg x 180
Free Airmail shipping
|$1.98||$356.99||Add to Cart|
|2,5mg x 60||$1.29||$77.69||Add to Cart|
|2,5mg x 90||$1.19||$107.09||Add to Cart|
|2,5mg x 120||$1.10||$132.29||Add to Cart|
|2,5mg x 180||$1.02||$183.74||Add to Cart|
|2,5mg x 360
Free Airmail shipping
|$0.96||$344.39||Add to Cart|
Ramipril is used alone or in combination with other medications to treat high blood pressure. It is also used to reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke in patients at risk for these problems and to improve survival in patients with heart failure after a heart attack. Ramipril is in a class of medications called angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors. It works by decreasing certain chemicals that tighten the blood vessels, so blood flows more smoothly and the heart can pump blood more efficiently.
Ramipril comes as a capsule to take by mouth. It is usually taken once or twice a day with or without food. To help you remember to take ramipril, take it around the same time every day. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully, and ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part you do not understand. Take ramipril exactly as directed. Do not take more or less of it or take it more often than prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the capsule whole, or open the capsule and sprinkle the contents on a small amount of applesauce (about 4 oz.) or in 4 oz. (about 120 mL) of water or apple juice. Eat or drink the entire mixture. This mixture can be prepared in advance and stored for 24 hours at room temperature or 48 hours in the refrigerator.
Your doctor will probably start you on a low dose of ramipril and gradually increase your dose.
Ramipril controls high blood pressure and heart failure but does not cure them. Continue to take ramipril even if you feel well. Do not stop taking ramipril without talking to your doctor.
This medication may be prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Before taking ramipril,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to ramipril, benazepril (Lotensin), captopril (Capoten), enalapril (Vasotec), fosinopril (Monopril), lisinopril (Prinivil, Zestril), moexipril (Univasc), perindopril (Aceon), quinapril (Accupril), trandolapril (Mavik), or any other medications.
- tell your doctor if you have diabetes (high blood sugar) and you are taking aliskiren (Tekturna, in Amturnide, Tekamlo, Tekturna HCT). Your doctor will probably tell you not to take ramipril if you have diabetes and you are also taking aliskiren.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking. Be sure to mention any of the following: aspirin and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDs) such as indomethacin (Indocin); diuretics ('water pills'); lithium (Eskalith, Lithobid); and potassium supplements. Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had heart, liver, or kidney disease; lupus; scleroderma; diabetes; or angioedema, a condition that causes difficulty swallowing or breathing and painful swelling of the the face, throat, tongue, lips, eyes, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs.
- tell your doctor if you plan to become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
- if you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are taking ramipril.
- you should know that diarrhea, vomiting, not drinking enough fluids, and sweating a lot can cause a drop in blood pressure, which may cause lightheadedness and fainting.
Food limitations and special diet when taking Ramipril
Talk to your doctor before using salt substitutes containing potassium. If your doctor prescribes a low-salt or low-sodium diet, follow these directions carefully.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
Possible side effects
Ramipril may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:
- upset stomach
- excessive tiredness
Some side effects can be serious. The following symptoms are uncommon, but if you experience any of them, call your doctor immediately:
- swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, eyes, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs
- difficulty breathing or swallowing
- yellowing of the skin or eyes
- fever, sore throat, chills, and other signs of infection
Ramipril may cause other side effects. Call your doctor if you have any unusual problems while taking this medication.
Storage and disposal of Ramipril
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom). Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed. Talk to your pharmacist about the proper disposal of your medication.
In case of overdose, call your local poison control center. If the victim has collapsed or is not breathing, call local emergency services.
Symptoms of overdose may include:
Other important information
Keep all appointments with your doctor and the laboratory. Your blood pressure should be checked regularly to determine your response to ramipril. Your doctor may order certain lab tests to check your body's response to ramipril.
Do not let anyone else take your medication. Ask your pharmacist any questions you have about refilling your prescription.
It is important for you to keep a written list of all of the prescription and nonprescription (over-the-counter) medicines you are taking, as well as any products such as vitamins, minerals, or other dietary supplements. You should bring this list with you each time you visit a doctor or if you are admitted to a hospital. It is also important information to carry with you in case of emergencies.
We provide only general information about Altace which does not cover all possible drug integrations, directions or precautions. Information at our website cannot be used for self-treatment and self-diagnosis. Any specific instructions for a particular patient should be agreed with his health care adviser or doctor in charge of the case. We disclaim reliability of this information and mistakes it could contain. We are not responsible for any direct, indirect, special or other indirect damage as a result of any use of the information on this site and also for consequences of self-treatment.
Important Information about Purchasing AltaceIn some countries valid doctor's prescription is required to purchase Altace. Our online pharmacy escrow service allows You to buy Altace without a prescription as its not required in the country where this medicine is purchased and shipped from (India). We expect that You are familiar with the Altace medication You want to buy online. You must know needed dosage that works for You, how to take this drug and all possible side effects.
We guarantee quality of Altace - ramipril medication that is sold through our site. Its medical effect will be the same as of brand name Altace®.